Portable Appliance Testing : Be Legal – Stay Safe!
PAT kitPortable Appliance Testing (PAT) is vital to protect your business, your employees and it is a legal requirement. Goodenough Services offers a UK wide, cost effective solution to enable you to comply with the Electricity at Work Requirements.
Every year around 1,000 accidents at work involving electric shocks or burns are reported to the Health & Safety Executive and, of these, about 30 are fatal. The main cause of accidental fires in commercial buildings is from faulty electrical appliances and leads.
All portable appliances with a mains plug need regular testing, including:
- Computers, monitors and peripherals requiring mains power
- Audio and telephone equipment requiring mains power
- Kettles, microwave ovens and other kitchen appliances
- Vacuum cleaners
- Extension leads
What is PAT?
In addition to a visual inspection, our trained testers will also, where appropriate, carry out the following:
- State of the Art Computer Testing : to detect hidden faults and potential hazards
- Earth Bond Testing : to ensure any metal casing has the correct earth conductor in place
- Earth Continuity Testing : a modified earth bond test especially adapted for IT equipment
- Earth Leakage Testing : to determine if any electrical current is flowing to earth
On completion of the testing you will be issued with a safety certificate and a detailed report that provides information on each individual item. All items that pass the inspection & testing will be labelled with a safety sticker.
For more information for our comprehensive, cost effective solutions please contact Chris Hawley, Goodenough Services, Caidan House, Canal Road, Timperley, Altrincham, Cheshire WA14 1TD Telephone : 0161 975 495
Email : email@example.com